Thursday, May 9, 2024

Last minute preparations and departure!



When my friend and neighbor took this photo of me on Tuesday night I thought I was all set for a Wednesday morning departure... all I needed to do was finish packing the car! However, that was easier said than done. I had gotten out more stuff than would fit in my car, so I had to decide what I would really need on my multi-month cross-country trip and and what I should leave behind. I also wanted to organize it in a way that would give me easy access. I made a list of what I put in each duffle bag, and weighed the bags to make sure I didn't exceed the maximum weight for my rooftop box. That all took time. Then I decided I didn't want to come back to a messy house, so I vacuumed the house and did some house cleaning. As a result, I didn't end up leaving until Thursday morning, but I felt more prepared for my trip, so that was okay. After all, my goal was still to reach Utah in time to attend my niece's wedding on Friday morning, so I was still in good shape.

I arrived at my sister Karen's house in Farmington, Utah Thursday night around 6:30 pm. My brother Glen had flown from California and was  already there. I originally had planned to finish setting up a few things on my computer before leaving California, but I ran out of time and figured I could finish those things while in Utah. My adventure has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...