Friday, May 17, 2024

Things to do in Rocklin

It felt good to get a good night's sleep after yesterday's long but enjoyable drive across Utah and Nevada. My doctor had schduled some routine blood work for me after my last visit, but the due date wasn't until today and the lab won't run any tests before the due date, so I originally thought the blood work would have to wait until after I got back from my Summer vacation. Since my side trip happened to bring me back in Rocklin on the due date, I took advantage went to the lab at 9 am.

I spent the rest of the day taking care of other things like paying bills and scheduling  autopayments so I won't have to worry about making payments while I am away. Around dinner time I thought I'd go out and get a burger. When I stopped at Costco to look for something else, though, and saw their rotisserie chickens, I decided to have chicken for dinner instead of a burger. The chicken package seemed extra moist so I double bagged it in one of their plastic bags and put it on the passenger seat floor for the drive home.

The package rolled around a little on the drive, and was sideways when I got home. When I set it down inside the house I noticed the bottom of the bag was wet and thought it must have leaked in the car, so I went out to the car, and sure enough, the floormat was wet. 😒 

Great! Just what I needed tonight, haha, and in my brother's car! I pulled out the floormat, and found that the carpet underneath was also wet. I was  hungry and somewhat tired, so I decided to eat some of the chicken before dealing with this new turn of events.

I wasn't sure if the leaked  liquid was greasy, so I sprayed some cleaner on the floormat and carpet, rinsed it off with a rag as  best I could, and used my shop vac to vacuum up as much of the remaining water as I could. Then I took a hair dryer and dried off the floormat. 

I cut up the rest of the chicken and put it in the refrigerator for sandwiches tomorrow and planned to vacuum pack and freeze whatever was left. I don't like the smell of chicken remains in my garbage, so I plan to get rid of it as  soon as I can. After all, I'll be gone again before garbage day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...