Sunday, June 23, 2024

Church, laundry and catching up on my blog

 When I woke up this morning at Grinder's Ferry the skies looked like pending rain.


I got a few sprinkles while driving to Searcy, but that was the extent of the rain. After church, I found a nice laundromat with wifi, and now not only are my clothes clean, but I'm also caught up on my blog. It was a relaxing Sunday.

Memphis is only two hours away from here, but instead of heading that direction in the late afternoon, I'll spend the night here and start out fresh in the morning for my next adventure to parts unknown. 😃

I've really liked Arkansas and would like to come back someday. A photographer I talked with on Friday told me Fall is a pretty time in Arkansas. It's not as hot and the trees put on a beautiful display of Fall colors.

I never made it to Eureka Springs. I got close, but it was a little out of my way and I had a tight schedule with the Branson show and the Buffalo kayaking reservation. Eureka Springs is in the Ozarks, so it's beautiful, and people say it's unusual and fun because it is a bastion of liberalism in a red state. Thinking back, I probably should have gone there after the pig trail. I also didn’t make it to the Ozark Folk Center State Park in Mountain Home, but I've got to save a few new places to see for next time, right?

I checked with the local Walmart Supercenter, and they allow overnight parking, so that's where I'm headed now. It's 90+ degrees and muggy tonight, so I'm sure I'll need a shower in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...