Friday, June 14, 2024

The drive to Hot Springs, Arkansas

 Last night's campground was great, but I decided to drive to Hot Springs, which is my next destination, and take my chances.

The drive was very scenic. I like the wooded landscape and rolling hills in this part of Arkansas. I noticed is that when the road crests a hill, the backside is often steep enough that you can't see the roadway ahead until you go over the top. Although you know the road continues, visually it looks like you could be about to drive off of a cliff.






It's not a long drive from Murfreesboro to Hot Springs, so I wasn't in a hurry and drove a few side roads. The roads were narrow and curved around the hills. 



I got back to the highway, passed a few more farms, and arrived in Hot Springs.


Hot Springs National Park is mainly a row of old bathhouses and some trails. Unlike most other national parks, it is actually in town and you don't need to pay to get in. I already knew the campground was full. I drove around town, got cleaned up at Planet Fitness, and then settled in for the night in the Walmart parking lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...