I had another good night sleep, with the help of my cooling fan.
Unfortunately, though, some little bugs crept into my car overnight and I had to deal with killing them off one by one as I noticed them during the day. The must have snuck in under the netting on my sunroof, as I noticed there was a gap. I'll have to be more careful putting it down in the future.
I heated some oatmeal, got cleaned up at the gym, and headed North towards Roswell. If I'm passing through Roswell, NM, I have to stop at the UFO museum, right?
The museum has lots of exhibits, a library full of UFO literature, and a couple of celebrities with stories to tell and books to sell.
The celebrities are a couple of investigators who have spent the last 35 years investigating the alleged alien aircraft crash and alleged US Government cover up, and interviewing witnesses. They give a presentation every hour, it seems, and have their books and DVD available for sale.
Evidently the craft was hit by lightning, as far as I could gather, and that is what triggered the crash. It happened on BLM land about 65 miles northwest of Roswell, but the debris and supposed short, 4-fi geared bodies were brought to Roswell and eventually flown to a government facility in Dayton, Ohio.
After the UFO Museum, time to head for Texas. Today's destination? Lubbock, Texas!
There is a lot of flat land, oil, and irrigated fields in Western Texas.
When I arrived in Lubbock, I had to try the amous Texas BBQ, so I stopped at Rudy's and had their brisket and potato salad. It didn't disappoint. It had more of a pepper flavor than I remembered from last time I was i Texas.
Then it was time to find a place to sleep. The first Walmart I tried said they didn't allow overnight parking, although the clerk said I would probably be okay I only stay one night. I decided to try another nearby Walmart instead of taking my chances of getting a knock on the window in the middle od the night. The second Walmart allows overnight parking and is in a quiet area (not near a freeway), so that's where I'm spending the night. It's hot, but my fan will help.




















No comments:
Post a Comment