Saturday, July 27, 2024

Getting my car, viewing my cousin's funeral, pizza and uno

Tim called  a little after 8:00 am and said my car was ready to pick up,  so Dan drove me out to get it. I really like Tim. He is knowledegable and fun to talk with. He suggested that I have the technicians add Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer whenever I get an oil change, and explained how he saw a demonstration that sold him on it's value. He used half a bottle on my oil change, so he gave me the remaining half for my next oil change.


On the way  home, we stopped at the farm and tested a new water purifier Dan bought for the sink.

My cousin Richard's funeral was today. The funeral was held in Utah, and since I wasn't able to attend in person, I watched it on zoom. I learned a lot by reading his obituary and listening to his children share memories of their father. He was a good man.

After I finished watching the funeral, Dan, his two children, and I went out for pizza at Vivo Ristorante. We originally wanted to go to Peri Pizza, but they only had takeout because their dining area was being remodeled and expanded, so we went across the street to Vivo. 

The pizza was good... NY style. Dan's son liked the mages of North Carolina and Italy that were painted on the wall above one of the tables, so I took a photo.

Dan's wife Jasey wanted Pho instead of pizza, so she didn't come with us and we brought home takeout Pho for her from the nearby Pho Sure restaurant.

After dinner we played Uno flip, which is a fun version of the Uno card game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...