Thursday, July 25, 2024

Rain, feeding hogs, and taking care of the car

Last night when we were walking Hershey the dog, he would stop abruptly, sit down,  and not want to move again if he heard any thunder. He doesn't like thunderstorms. We got back home before it started raining, though, and Dan always got Hershey going again after the thunder.

Today it rained a lot. I stayed inside and got caught up on my blog. I went to the store this afternoon, despite getting a couple of flood warning alerts on my phone (the roads actually weren't bad), to pick up some black fabric paint and flexible glue to fix a small worn area in the leather driver seat of my car.  

The worn area started as small cut from a pen that was in my back pocket. I tried fixing it with a leather repair kit when it first happened, before my cross-country trip, but the fix didn't adhere so I ignored the blemish. The worn area has started to grow lately, so I figure I better not ignore it any longer. 

I bought the supplies this afternoon, but I am waiting until Saturday to fix it because my car is getting worked on and I won't have it back until Saturday morning. Jasey fixed pork chops for dinner, then Dan and I fed the pigs and dropped off my car at his friend Tim's house. Tim does automotive work on the side. 

Tim lives near Dan's farm, so I followed Dan to the farm to feed the hogs and then left my car with Tim. Tim agreed to perform the 60,000 mile maintenance on my Subaru for a good price. He will change the spark plugs, change the front and rear differential oil, change the transmission and brake fluids, rotate the tires, change the oil and filter, and replace the air and  cabin filters. Dan lets Tim do the maintenance on his cars and trucks, so I trust him.

The hogs were happy with all the rain we have been getting. They are about up to their bellies in mud.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...