I waited until late morning to call Advance Auto and check on the status of my car battery. They had told me last night it could take up to 24 hours to trickle charge a totally dead battery, so I wanted to give it time to charge. When I finally called, they put me on hold, then told me the battery was good and totally charged! They said I could pick it up anytime. That was great news!
When I put the battery back in my car and hooked up the terminals, the car alarm started sounding! Is that normal?? The amber lights flashed off and on while the horn started a series honks.
I suspect the car must have been trying to sound the car alarm when I hooked it up to Vin's trickle charger yesterday, but it didn't have enough juice. That would totally explain the pulsating AMPs needle, and when I increased the amperage, the weakly flashing amber lights and the horn.
But it's still a mystery why it activated the alarm in the first place, and begs the question whether the battery died because the car was idle for two weeks or because the car alarm somehow got triggered and drained the battery while we were gone.
I silenced the alarm with my key fob, and then everything was good again. 😊
I felt bad that Vin had to run me around so much. He's going kayaking again on Friday, and his daughter is coming to visit on Saturday, so I wanted to get out of his hair and give him some time to relax and get ready for those events.
I plan to go to the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library in downtown Atlanta next, and then head East towards Savannah and Charleston. The Presidential library is about an hour south of here, so it doesn't make sense for me to come back afterwards. Vin told me the best route to take to downtown Atlanta. I loaded the car and am ready for my next adventure!


No comments:
Post a Comment