We decided last night that we would stop for breakfast on the way back to Raleigh, so we loaded up the car and started the 90 minite drive from the beach to the Farm House Cafe & Bakery in Newton Grove, NC. Breakfast was good. We made it back home in Raleigh by 11:00 am. That was nice because it gave me plenty of time to do my laundry.
Dan's daughter got home from her job at the YMCA, and Jasey got home. Dan went upstairs to work in his home office and the rest of us hung out downstairs while my laundry was running.
Eventually, it was time for Jasey to take me to the airport for my 5:35 pm flight back to Atlanta. Dan had a 4:00 meeting, so he couldn't take me. I said my goodbyes. I had a great time in Raleigh and at the beach. It's always great to see good friends, and it was even better getting to spend several days with them. Dan's parents drive back to Illinois tomorrow morning, but I should see everyone else again in a couple of weeks when I pass through Raleigh on my way North.
I got to the gate in plenty of time, and got something to eat at Char-Grill. The sign looked familiar from when I used to live in Raleigh and ate at the Char-Grill sometimes. It is an old time hamburger joint, and I think it had only one location back then. I was surprised to see one at the airport.
Next thing I knew, the airline announced my flight was delayed due to bad weather in Atlanta. They said they'd give us a status update in an hour. A long line formed at the counter for people who had tight connections and would miss their connecting flights. I watched as luggage was unloaded from the plane.
I considered my options...waiting it out or changing to a morning flight. Dan said he could pick me up if I decided to stay. Thankfully, the delay was only an hour, and we were cleared to board the plane.
During the flight, I watched the second half of the movie, "Wonka". The flight time was only about an hour, so I barely had time to finish. The movie had a good message. I finished watching it just before we landed in Atlanta.






.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment