Friday, August 30, 2024

Friday in Toronto

Today was pretty uneventful. I slept great last night, so I slept in a little. I got my shower, then wandered around in the nearby Costco. They have USB-c adapters on sale, so I'll probably go back tomorrow and buy one to replace the one I dropped that stopped working.

I spent some time updating my blog using the wifi in the Albion branch of the Toronto Public Library. I'm up to date on my blog now, yeah! The library is really nice. It is big and has a lot of desks and tables for studying -- and most of them have nearby power plugs! Sending thanks to my brother-in-law Kevin for giving me the bluetooth keyboard. It has come in handy this trip!


 

Tay gave me some ideas via email of things to do in Toronto. I thought about going up in the CN tower today, but it's a bit cloudy, so I'll save that for another day.

When I was in the Costco parking lot, a couple of guys gave me tips about how to get around Toronto on the subway system, so I'll do some exploring tomorrow.

That's all for today. I found out that Canada celebrates Labor Day this weekend just like we do in the United States, only they spell it Labour Day! The public libraries here are normally open 7 days a week, but this weekend they'll be closed on Sunday and Monday.

I tried calling around to find a place to sleep, but no luck, so I'm parking by the 24-hr Planet Fitness tonight. It should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...