Thursday, August 22, 2024

Pennsylvania... Battleground state in the 2024 Presidential election

Before I leave Pennsylvania for Ohio, I'll make a political observation. I hear on the news that Pennsylvania is a big battleground state in this year's presidential election.

Former president Trump held the rally in Butler, PA,  last month, where he was shot. Kamala Harris was campaigning in Philadelphia the day I arrived in Pennsylvania. She came back to Pennsylvania again this past Sunday to start a bus tour from Pittsburgh with her running mate Tim Waltz. 

Meanwhile, Trump came back to Pennsylvania this past Monday, and campaigned with his running mate J.D. Vance in York, PA.

I've driven around on a lot of backroads in this state, and never once have I seen a Biden or Harris campaign sign. By contrast, I have seen a lot of Trump signs on country roads and in small towns. Below are just a few examples.









By far, the best political sign I have seen in Pennsylvania is the following sign encouraging people to vote for what is right for the country instead of voting for the candidate of a particular political party.

Anyway, my political observation is that if Pennsylvania is truly a battleground state then the race is between the cities and the small towns -- because from what I can see,  the small towns are pulling for Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...