Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Trip Planning, Pierogies, and Butler, PA

I did some trip planning this morning in the Cranberry public library, and then was ready for lunch. I heard the Pittsburgh area has good pierogies, and found a restaurant named Forgotten Taste Pierogies that had great reviews! The restaurant was actually out of my way, in the town of Wexford, PA, but I wanted good pierogies, and one of the reviewers said that was their go-to place instead of driving down to Pittsburgh.

The two ladies running the restaurant had strong eastern european accents, and were very nice, which added to the charm. I ordered the cheese and potato pierogies plate that included a stuffed pepper and cabbage roll. The flavors in the pierogies and stuffed pepper were great! I ordered water with my order, and the brought it to my table in a glass pitcher with my meal.



After lunch, I drove to Butler, PA, where Ethan and Wyatt live. My route took me past the Butler airport and the Farm Show Grounds where former President Trump was shot by a sniper last month. I drove past, but didn't stop or try to enter the show grounds. The show grounds is on the west side of Butler, outside the main town.

Today was pretty much a planning day, because I also spent some time in the downtown Butler library this afternoon. Then I drove around Butler to get a feel for the area. There is a main street downtown with lots of businesses.

The planet fitness, walmart, and Sams Club are to the west. The city has a nice park named Alameda Park. It has a big swimming pool, children's play equipment, picnic areas and hiking trails. I drove through the park but didn't do any hiking. As part of my planning this afternoon, I decided I'll go hiking in McConnell Mill State Park tomorrow. Tonight I'll be spending the night in the Sams Club parking lot in Butler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...