Saturday, September 28, 2024

An Uneventful Day in Rochester, Minnesota

Today was uneventful, not because there is nothing to do in Rochester, but because I got a slow start and then spent much of the day in the downtown library updating my blog. I had gotten several days behind on my blog, and the good news is that I'm caught up again and can resume my adventures!

However, I need to figure out what those adventures will be. I picked up a few tourist magazines on Minnesota to help me figure out my next step. It feels funny not having a plan, but it's not the first time on this trip. 😉

Meanwhile, I noticed today that Rochester has a water tower that looks like an ear of corn! I drove by it this morning on my way downtown.

Speaking of downtown, there are skywalks between the downtown buildings. You can walk for blocks without going outside! I guess that means the winters are pretty harsh around here, although the skywalks would be useful on rainy days, too. Winter seems far away right now... the daytime highs here are in the low 80s right now!

The downtown library has two sets of stairs near the entrance... the inner set of stairs leads to the second floor of the library, and the set in the outer lobby leads up to the second floor skywalk. Both sets of stairs are inside the building, protected from the weather.

That's about all I have to report for today. I like my spot in the Lowes parking lot. It is quiet and relatively dark. This Lowes store turns off the parking lot lights late at night, which is nice.  There are other lights in the area, so it isn't totally dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...