When the housekeeping staff brought me the hot plate, dishes, and sliverware to my rom last night, they warned me to be careful because everything had been in storage. I'm not sure what that meant, but I took it as a clue that I should wash everything before using it, so that is what I did before fixing breakfast this morning. I had a relaxing morning.
I was going to check out the farmers market this morning, but I got a late start, so I walked around the Notre Dame University campus instead. Below are photos of the iconic "Main Building" on campus with its gold dome, and the nearby Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
The south wall of the library on campus has a large mural depicting Jesus with raised, outstretched arms, teaching his followers.
The mural faces the football stadium, with a reflection pond and grassy field with tables and chairs between the two. Although not the artist's intention, the mural is commonly referred to as "Touchdown Jesus" because it faces one of the stadium end zones, and the upstretched arms look like Jesus is saying the team scored. I took a photo through the stadium gate that faces the mural, and sure enough, saw a goal post.
The stadium has statues and gates named after famous coaches, such as Frank Leahy. It also has a nice set of courtesy guidelines posted on the stadium wall.
The Duncan Student Center is near the stadium. I heard cheering when I went inside the student center, so I walked down the hallway to see what was happening. The Notre Dame football team was playing an away game today at Purdue, and the student center had a large screen where students were watching the game. It was the 4th quarter, with less than 14 minutes to go in the game, and Notre Dame was ahead 57 to 7. No wonder the students were cheering!
The campus has nice grassy areas between the walkways. Some students were throwing around a football on one of them.
It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.











No comments:
Post a Comment