Time to resume my travel adventures. I've had a wonderful visiting with family. I enjoy their company and they always treat me so well. Thanks!
I can understand the draw of Utah's mountainous scenery. It is truly spectacular.
My first stop is the city of Orem, where I visited with a longtime friend of mine named Keri. We met in North Carolina. She lived in Charlotte, where my roommate Vin grew up and was friends with Keri. That is how we met, and we have been friends ever since.
Keri has started back to school to pick up some new skills. At our age, she doesn't expect it to be a new career, but she is excited about the new things she will learn.
We had a good visit, and then I was off for my first dispursed camping experience in my Subaru. My chosen destination was the Sheep Creek Camping Area in Spanish Fork Canyon -- about a half hour south-east of where Keri lives in Orem.
I arrived just as it was getting dark. The camping area has a dirt road and grassy areas. I drove a short distance on the road, pulled onto the grass, and settled in for the night. There were nearby campers doing the same... some in tents, and others in cars or RVs.





No comments:
Post a Comment