Sunday, May 19, 2024

Somebody Feed Phil

I had a great nap today after church (no, not during church 😂)!!

Tonight we watched an episode of the Netflix series "Somebody Feed Phil" (see https://www.netflix.com/title/80146601). I had never seen the show before. In each episode, Phil Rosenthal visits a city somewhere around the world (either in the USA or another country). He samples food, visits with the locals to learn about their traditions and ways, and gets to know them on a deeper level by participating in shared experiences with them. (I knew some Rosenthals when I lived in Raleigh... I wonder if they're related to Phil?)

We watched the episode on Helsinki tonight. My brother Glen and our friend Kimberly should watch that episode, since we visited Helsinki together a couple of years ago and they will recognize some of the traditions and sights. Tomorrow night we plan to watch the Tel Aviv episode.

I plan to resume my travels on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...