Thursday, August 15, 2024

Pennsylvania Country Roads, Penn State Creamery, and Deja Vu

The drive into Southwestern Pennsylvania from Vestal, New York, was mostly on quiet two lane country roads. Dueto the recent storms, there were several detours around small bridges and recently flooded areas. I didn't mind, as I wasn't in a hurry. Below are a few photos I took of the area. I stopped at a roadside stand and got a couple of fresh ears of corn. I ate one and saved one for later.





A few more country roads...




I tried stopping for a mlkshake at the Waltz Creamery & Farm House Cafe in Salladasburg, but they were closed due to area flooding. I decided I could wait until I get to the town of State College and get an ice cream at the Penn State creamery.




Pretty soon, I was seeing familair roads. I passed the turnoff to Stoystown and the Flight 93 Memorial that I visited on July 13. My route took me through the town of Somerset, and familiar two lane roads and signs, back to the Outflow campground beside the Yough river in Confluence, PA, where I stayed on my rafting/kayak trip back in July.



 

Even though I have no cell reception at the campground, it is in a beautiful area, has nice showers, and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my tent again tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Post

Travel Summary

It was a fun 6 months. Three maps showing a summary of my travels and stops are included below. I drove east across the Southern United Stat...