There isn't much to report on today. I slept in my car in the Planet Fitness parking lot in Marysville, Washington, last night. This morning, I showered, attended church in Lake Stevens, and then drove to the Olympic National Park Visitor Center in Port Angeles, Washington. It rained hard during part of the drive, but the rain stopped before I got to Port Angeles.
I knew the park visitor center would be closed by the time I arrived, but that's okay. I picked up a park map and read some information posted at the visitor center. I'll come back in the morning and get driving and hiking suggestions from one of the rangers.
The park's "Heart of the Hills" campground is still open, with sites available on a first come first served basis. I didn't check out the campground, though, because I plan to spend the night at the rest area I saw on Highway 101 just east of Port Angeles. The rest area is easy. The sign says parking is allowed for up to 8 hrs, and that is all I need.


No comments:
Post a Comment